Sunday, May 15, 2011

How much is enough?

My dear 2 1/2 year old daughter came home from her night at her daddys house today. After our lunch with daddy and a quick stop at the store for new watercolors, we came home and painted a HUGE picture together, then we did 3 puzzles and then played a few levels of Mario on the Wii. So I started thinking about it, and it got me thinking about honestly how much time I do spend playing with her, like honestly playing doing what she wants, and I realize I spend a good 5, 6 or more hours a day just playing with her. Which is crazy as I always feel guilty for not doing enough with her. Which is of course why I never get anything else done. Where is that balance? Why do I struggle with this so much..is it my perfectionism? Wanting to be the perfect mother and woman? Probably. How do I fight the perfection monster?

No comments:

Post a Comment